Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dewalt 3750 psi, 4 gpm washer, any good? Worth $1000?

Home depot sells a Dewalt pressure washer at 3750 psi, 4 gpm, with a
13HP Honda GX engine and a decent looking brass pump. This a good
deal? Is this a great washer? Any tips pluses or minuses welcomed.

And thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 21, 1:49 am, "dean" wrote:
Home depot sells a Dewalt pressure washer at 3750 psi, 4 gpm, with a
13HP Honda GX engine and a decent looking brass pump. This a good
deal? Is this a great washer? Any tips pluses or minuses welcomed.

And thanks!

Dean

It sounds good if you need lots of power in a pressure washer.

I've learned to pretty much ignore the psi rating given to a pressure
washer as those numbers can be fudged.

Gallons per minute is a much better way of telling how strong the unit
will be.

And at 4 gpm that thing should kick ass.

The Honda engine is a nice plus as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

And at 4 gpm that thing should kick ass.

As long as the house you are using it at can put out 4 gallons/
min :-) .........But most will

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've used professional machines and at 3000 psi they'd cut wood....
Literally!
I dare say that their 3750 psi rating is rather exaggerated as
greg6 mentioned. It's kind of like loudspeaker ratings, way too many
variations in rating their actual capability. PSI is traded for GPM
and visa versa. 13hp is pretty decent power and yes, the Honda is a
great engine. 5gpm is average 1/2" garden hose volume unless you
happen to be on a well. I've found that the most important part of a
whole pressure washing system tends to be the actual nozzle. The name
eludes me at the moment but we had one with a ceramic ball that spun
around inside and would create a 'pulse' of water rather than a
continuous stream. That's the one that would cut skids in half, you
definately didn't want to accidentally hit your shoe with it If
there's a decent warranty on the actual pump itself, sounds like a
good deal. I would try to find the Pump manufacturer/model # and
research that before I bought it though.

On Feb 21, 1:49 am, "dean" wrote:
Home depot sells a Dewalt pressure washer at 3750 psi, 4 gpm, with a
13HP Honda GX engine and a decent looking brass pump. This a good
deal? Is this a great washer? Any tips pluses or minuses welcomed.

And thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 21, 1:49 am, "dean" wrote:

Home depot sells a Dewalt pressure washer at 3750 psi, 4 gpm, with a
13HP Honda GX engine and a decent looking brass pump. This a good
deal? Is this a great washer? Any tips pluses or minuses welcomed.

And thanks!

Dean- Hide quoted text -

Yes I have heard that you should multiply the PSI with the GPM to get
"cleaning units" as the best measure of the machines power.

I am on a well, so I better go see how long it takes to fill up a
galon! Thanks for the tips, I will look at the pump.

Dean

Good table saw worth it? Eigenvector Home Repair 27 September 26th 06 05:20 PM
HF Central Pneumatic 8 Gal 120 PSI Compressor: Good or Not? John Woodworking 5 September 23rd 06 05:17 PM
Is the dewalt 735 surface planer worth the added cost? Modat22 Woodworking 0 December 7th 05 04:14 PM
GPM Restricted? GoneRural Home Repair 10 August 24th 05 03:17 AM
Recommendations for 1750 PSI pressure/power washer Dibblette Home Ownership 4 May 31st 05 02:35 AM