Posted to alt.home.repair
gerdman gerdman is offline

Default Dewalt 3750 psi, 4 gpm washer, any good? Worth $1000?

I've used professional machines and at 3000 psi they'd cut wood....
Literally!
I dare say that their 3750 psi rating is rather exaggerated as
greg6 mentioned. It's kind of like loudspeaker ratings, way too many
variations in rating their actual capability. PSI is traded for GPM
and visa versa. 13hp is pretty decent power and yes, the Honda is a
great engine. 5gpm is average 1/2" garden hose volume unless you
happen to be on a well. I've found that the most important part of a
whole pressure washing system tends to be the actual nozzle. The name
eludes me at the moment but we had one with a ceramic ball that spun
around inside and would create a 'pulse' of water rather than a
continuous stream. That's the one that would cut skids in half, you
definately didn't want to accidentally hit your shoe with it If
there's a decent warranty on the actual pump itself, sounds like a
good deal. I would try to find the Pump manufacturer/model # and
research that before I bought it though.

On Feb 21, 1:49 am, "dean" wrote:
Home depot sells a Dewalt pressure washer at 3750 psi, 4 gpm, with a
13HP Honda GX engine and a decent looking brass pump. This a good
deal? Is this a great washer? Any tips pluses or minuses welcomed.

And thanks!

Dean