Posted to alt.home.repair

Default installing washing machine

Is it a lot of work to install a washing machine in a garage about 20
feet from an existing machine? They wouldn't be running at the same
time. We have a few rescue cats and a lot of clean up rags that I
don't want in the regular washer even after they've been pre-rinsed.

I've got a feeling that it would be pretty easy but look really bad if
I did it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it a lot of work to install a washing machine in a garage about 20
feet from an existing machine? They wouldn't be running at the same
time. We have a few rescue cats and a lot of clean up rags that I
don't want in the regular washer even after they've been pre-rinsed.

I've got a feeling that it would be pretty easy but look really bad if
I did it.

Did you consider the waste line and the supply lines and the electric
circuit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it a lot of work to install a washing machine in a garage about 20
feet from an existing machine? They wouldn't be running at the same
time. We have a few rescue cats and a lot of clean up rags that I
don't want in the regular washer even after they've been pre-rinsed.

I've got a feeling that it would be pretty easy but look really bad if
I did it.

You need:
Electricity
Water
Drain line

The most difficult part will be the drain line. Water can be run fairly
easily, electric may be in place already. Look to see where your drain line
now runs to see if you can tap into it someplace.

washing machine [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 9th 07 06:24 PM
Waste pipe solution for installing both a dishwasher and a washing machine Cordless Crazy UK diy 3 March 9th 06 12:45 PM
Washing Machine pauljfoster UK diy 6 September 25th 05 10:49 PM
Washing machine wmhxm04 Electronics Repair 1 June 1st 05 07:15 AM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM