Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding new heating/cooling zone in bedroom

My house is in Texas, and is about 2-3 years old and about 2550 square feet.

I am interested in adding a new zone in the master bedroom. I was quoted
almost $2500. Is there a way to know if this is reasonable?

It would be done by the same company that installed the system, and they
also have about 8 hours of warranty work that they are suppose to do for
free because some of the duct runs are too long and inefficient so they were
going to make them bigger in diameter and increase the duct insulation as
well (and also add some dampers to some short runs). Since they were doing
all this, I thought they could also add this new zone at the same time for
less $$$. I don't mind paying a reasonable price but would like to know if
this sounds reasonable.

They said they use high-quality parts (Honeywell). Company is
http://www.adventair.com/

--
Albert Wiersch
Fix your website: http://onlinewebcheck.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 14, 2:08 pm, "Albert Wiersch"
wrote:
[...]

i see their staff pictutres at:
http://www.adventair.com/ourfamily.html
don't forget to install returns for air conditioning. the more zones
you can afford for heat and air the more comfortable you will be.
find the most experienced answer from within their company or the
competition if you need to second guess the price.
sometimes the earlier person choosing a system is buying a less
inexpensive duct system which would not usually be the first choice
for a more energy efficient home. any home can use upgrades to their
older systems. pick out your climate and browse thoroughly this site:
http://www.buildingscience.com/desig...rk/default.htm
and many links at:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...al/default.htm
and: http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...mance_hvac.pdf

Would adding sprinkler on zone decrease pressure? Mikepier Home Repair 3 April 7th 05 03:09 PM
HVAC Heating Zone question TN Home Repair 28 September 17th 04 03:02 PM
Adding a bedroom peak man UK diy 4 February 24th 04 01:18 AM
thermostat compatibility for 2 zone hot water heating w/o zone valves Glacier Home Ownership 1 September 26th 03 02:01 AM
adding a bedroom above the sunroom jim Home Repair 2 July 14th 03 05:54 PM