Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet bowl water level is extremely low

I noticed today that one of our toilets had a really low water level
in the bowl. And when it's flushed, it starts with a big "bloop" of
air.

I checked the other toilets, and they are all like this.

Does it have anything to do with the cold?
We have a septic tank, and it's been below zero (like it is in so many
places).
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mitch wrote:

I noticed today that one of our toilets had a really low water level
in the bowl. And when it's flushed, it starts with a big "bloop" of
air.

I checked the other toilets, and they are all like this.

Does it have anything to do with the cold?
We have a septic tank, and it's been below zero (like it is in so many
places).

Could be the cold. The vent terminal on the roof may
have frosted closed.
Can be a vent at the septic end too (ground level).

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 8, 5:20 pm, Mitch Mitch@... wrote:
I noticed today that one of our toilets had a really low water level
in the bowl. And when it's flushed, it starts with a big "bloop" of
air.

I checked the other toilets, and they are all like this.

Does it have anything to do with the cold?
We have a septic tank, and it's been below zero (like it is in so many
places).

When your toilets sound "bloopy" it is generally a good indication of
poor ventillation. If this has just started I would suspect your vent
out of the house has probably been obstructed.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Regards, Justin

Posted to alt.home.repair

When your toilets sound "bloopy" it is generally a good indication of
poor ventillation. If this has just started I would suspect your vent
out of the house has probably been obstructed.

Is this a big problem? Can I just wait it out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mitch wrote:
When your toilets sound "bloopy" it is generally a good indication of
poor ventillation. If this has just started I would suspect your vent
out of the house has probably been obstructed.

Is this a big problem? Can I just wait it out?

Not a problem, as long as you don't have to poop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not a problem, as long as you don't have to poop.

LOL!

Actually, two of them have already self-corrected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mitch wrote:
Not a problem, as long as you don't have to poop.

LOL!

Actually, two of them have already self-corrected.

"Things that go away by themselves usually come back by themselves." G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)