Mike

Default Toilet Bowl Water Level

I have just bought an old 3 storey house. It has toilets on the second and
third floors. The toilet on the third floor works fine. The one on the
second also flushes with no problem but the water level in the toilet bowl
slowly drops over a couple of hours. Both toilets flush into the main
vertical stack in the house. I have tried flushing the second floor toilet,
letting it fill to its normal level and then flushing the third floor one to
see if it is causing syphoning action but it has no effect on the second
floor toilet level. Other than this there appear to be no other weird
plumbing problems. The waste plumbing is ABS. Any ideas?

Speedy Jim

--

There could be a crack in the bowl which isn't visible from above.
That would let water trickle into the floor, where you may or may not

Snaking the bowl *might* eliminate the last item as a possibility.
Otherwise, I'm afraid the toilet should be pulled up for inspection.

Jim
Jim Mc Namara

"B" wrote in message:
www.plbg.com is the by far best place to go for free plumbing advice.

Perhaps - but from my 30+ years of plumbing experience - I believe Speedy
Jim is right on target with this one.

Jim