Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoke alarms - radon detector

Hey guys,
Try to remind me to replace the smoke detector outside of Sallys room with a
new one?

Been reading up on them and even if it was plugged in they should be
replaced every 10 years.

We should also test the ones me have and I should add a radon detecting one
downstairs..

3,420 deaths last year!

KIM, DO YOU GUYS HAVE THEM?????????
do you test them???
Dont leave it up to someone else to make sure they are there and work.....

Smoke alarms, when properly installed, give an early audible warning
needed to safely escape from fire. That's critical because 85% of all
fire deaths occur in the home, and the majority occur at night when
most people are sleeping. Last year, NFPA documented 3,420 home fire
deaths.

Tanks

Pops

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:31:50 -0500, "comcastss news groups"
wrote:

Hey guys,
Try to remind me to replace the smoke detector outside of Sallys room with a
new one?

Been reading up on them and even if it was plugged in they should be
replaced every 10 years.

We should also test the ones me have and I should add a radon detecting one
downstairs..

I think you mean Carbon Monoxide detector. I was reading something
from the NFPA, about the 10 year replacement, and read something about
if you home needs a CO detector, then it should be placed adjacent to
all bedrooms. Mine is a combination CO and smoke detector, and it the
hallway that connects to all the bedrooms.

Remember to search and read what you should do.

tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com

************************************************* ********
Smoke alarms, when properly installed, give an early audible warning
needed to safely escape from fire. That's critical because 85% of all
fire deaths occur in the home, and the majority occur at night when
most people are sleeping. Last year, NFPA documented 3,420 home fire
deaths.

Tanks

Pops

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hey guys,
Try to remind me to replace the smoke detector outside of Sallys room with a
new one?

Been reading up on them and even if it was plugged in they should be
replaced every 10 years.

We should also test the ones me have and I should add a radon detecting one
downstairs..

3,420 deaths last year!

Even though you meant this to go out as email rather than a worldwide
discussion group it stands true.

Please everyone, test your smoke detectors! It is true that they need
to be replaced every 10 years, and the batteries need to be replaced
yearly. Of the 3,420 deaths I know one of the names, and the story is
too heartbreaking to be repeated. Let's just say the anguish of
living with the fact that a death may have been prevented by a little
action on your part, and you failed to do so, is a hard pill to
swallow.

Don't just make a mental note to check your fire detection system
'later', do it right now! Your loved ones lives depend on it, and you
don't want to live with the consequences of inaction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Many manufacturers now print on their smoke detectors to test weekly.

tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com

Smoke Alarms jason UK diy 9 January 13th 06 04:47 PM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:46 AM
Smoke Alarms Jerr Home Repair 6 March 7th 05 11:41 PM
Smoke alarms for rooms where people smoke [email protected] UK diy 26 January 10th 05 04:54 PM
New Smoke Alarms Matt Home Ownership 11 August 16th 04 11:32 PM