Posted to alt.home.repair

Default solution to leaking anderson windows

Thanks for the helpful replies:
The Maryland Anderson rep is not very good at returning calls
Anderson windows referred us to him
I went to Home Depot, found someone knowledgeable and he pointed to
some rubber wetherstripping to go on the side of the sash - this
helped a lot. Then we got some wide camper rubber stripping and put
it on the top where the sashes and the lock are. Did the trick,
bedroom is much better, thanks all
Posted to alt.home.repair

allan wrote:
Thanks for the helpful replies:
The Maryland Anderson rep is not very good at returning calls
Anderson windows referred us to him
I went to Home Depot, found someone knowledgeable and he pointed to
some rubber wetherstripping to go on the side of the sash - this
helped a lot. Then we got some wide camper rubber stripping and put
it on the top where the sashes and the lock are. Did the trick,
bedroom is much better, thanks all

Give a call back to Anderson. They need to prompt their local rep to
get off his %&&.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Feb 7, 3:47 pm, allan wrote:
Thanks for the helpful replies:
The Maryland Anderson rep is not very good at returning calls
Anderson windows referred us to him
I went to Home Depot, found someone knowledgeable and he pointed to
some rubber wetherstripping to go on the side of the sash - this
helped a lot. Then we got some wide camper rubber stripping and put
it on the top where the sashes and the lock are. Did the trick,
bedroom is much better, thanks all

I have found that the only way to deal with Andersen is to call their
1-800 number directly and order your parts that way. My local rep
(northern VA) was useless as well; despite the owner of the place
responding to my emails promptly and professionally, when I showed up
at the place to place a parts order, I was told by the salesman there
that they wouldn't sell me anything unless I had purchased my windows
from them. Since I was looking for parts for windows in a newly
purchased house, I had no way of telling where the windows came from.

Other than two replacement sashes that I needed (window in kitchen was
actually slightly rotten) I was pleasantly surprised that the parts
that I needed (mostly latches, counterbalances, and one operator for a
casement window) were IMO reasonably priced.

nate