Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE: Frozen well pump - help!

I'll repeat in case you missed it or
your ISP missed it. I would try a
torpedo heater
blowing into the canvas tarp tent you
already mentioned.

FragileWarrior wrote:
Still frozen after 24 hours.

Anyone know how I can create a hole in the ozone right over the hydrant?
-12 overnight was probably not a big help in getting anything thawed even
WITH heat tape and insulation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

t...

FragileWarrior wrote:
Still frozen after 24 hours.

Anyone know how I can create a hole in the ozone right over the hydrant?
-12 overnight was probably not a big help in getting anything thawed

even
WITH heat tape and insulation.

depending on the size of the tent contraption....it'll melt or burn it up.
those heaters put out too many btu's. she needs direct heat source to the
pipe and ground surface not just ambient warm air. like a thremal blanket.

mike........

Posted to alt.home.repair

Art Todesco wrote in
t:

I'll repeat in case you missed it or
your ISP missed it. I would try a
torpedo heater
blowing into the canvas tarp tent you
already mentioned.

I don't own one and I don't know anyone who does. Nor can I find one for
rent and I'm not buying one just for this. Plus, it wasn't a canvas tarp,
it was a plastic one. It would have been a blue plastic puddle real quick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JerseyMike" wrote in
:

FragileWarrior wrote:
Still frozen after 24 hours.

Anyone know how I can create a hole in the ozone right over the
hydrant? -12 overnight was probably not a big help in getting
anything thawed

even
WITH heat tape and insulation.

depending on the size of the tent contraption....it'll melt or burn it
up. those heaters put out too many btu's. she needs direct heat
source to the pipe and ground surface not just ambient warm air. like
a thremal blanket.

mike........

I think I'm going to give up and wait this out. Everyone THINK SPRING
for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , FragileWarrior wrote:

I think I'm going to give up and wait this out. Everyone THINK SPRING
for me.

You won't have to wait for spring. We'll have above-freezing temperatures
again soon. My guess is by Valentine's Day. What we're experiencing right now
is unusual for central Indiana: "normal" February weather is lows in the low
20s and highs in the upper 30s. Normal weather for today's date is low 20,
high 37.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ind/print_lo...climatenormals.
txt

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Frozen well pump - help!

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:13:30 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

Central Indiana, and, yes, doesn't it figure that THIS is the first time
I made this mistake??

Didn't you make the mistake precisely because the pipe was frozen and
there was no water coming out? If there had been water coming out,
you would have turned it off.

This is a variation on those where there is a water main break and
they turn their faucet on and when no water comes out, they don't
close it again. Then when the water is repaired, the water comes out
full blast, and overflows the sink etc.

I think most people** do this until they have some bad experience,
although often that is a very small one.

**Any mistake one has made, he is likely to attribute to "most
people".
I'll try the saline injection tomorrow if the heat
tape/insulation/garbage can-shed didn't work.

frozen chuck william kossack Woodworking 6 October 29th 06 03:40 PM
Frozen padlock Jim Home Repair 10 January 20th 06 09:43 PM
Frozen acetylen ? Francois Metalworking 3 January 24th 05 02:02 PM
Condensate pump drain for humidifier frozen Mikepier Home Repair 5 January 21st 05 11:07 PM
frozen glue Mike in Mystic Woodworking 12 February 1st 04 01:37 PM