Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plugged sink followup

Got home last night ready to try all the good suggestions. I planned on
starting with the easiest so I reassembled the trap then I poured water in
to fill the sink so I could plunge it. It never backed up. The digging I did
with the snake must have loosened it up?
Works fine now.
As far as cleaning / maintenance, I'm sure the pipes are layered with slimy
crud.
Would just very hot water down the drain be enough?
Or best to leave well enough alone?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 31, 5:45 am, "comcastss news groups"
wrote:
Got home last night ready to try all the good suggestions. I planned on
starting with the easiest so I reassembled the trap then I poured water in
to fill the sink so I could plunge it. It never backed up. The digging I did
with the snake must have loosened it up?
Works fine now.
As far as cleaning / maintenance, I'm sure the pipes are layered with slimy
crud.
Would just very hot water down the drain be enough?
Or best to leave well enough alone?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve

Steve-

I use this stuff (when I remember) it keep the cast iron waste lines
in my previous 50 years working.....didn't have to replacement before
I sold it.

Works great on hair, soap & makeup build up......occasionally (that's
what reminded me to use) had a slow drain that need a quick plunge but
following w/ the Drain Care restored flow.

http://www.colehardware.com/hotline/.../draincare.htm

You can get locally at HD or Ace Hardware

Zep makes a copycat (or licensed?) product

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"BobK207" wrote in message
ps.com...

Steve-

I use this stuff (when I remember) it keep the cast iron waste lines
in my previous 50 years working.....didn't have to replacement before
I sold it.

Works great on hair, soap & makeup build up......occasionally (that's
what reminded me to use) had a slow drain that need a quick plunge but
following w/ the Drain Care restored flow.

http://www.colehardware.com/hotline/.../draincare.htm

You can get locally at HD or Ace Hardware

Zep makes a copycat (or licensed?) product

cheers
Bob

So do I and it's great.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try this: 1 cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by 1/2 cup of
vinegar. Wait a minute or so and then flush with boiling hot water from your
kettle. It's safe and environmentally sound. It's a natural way to keep your
drains clog-free.

"comcastss news groups" wrote in message
et...
Got home last night ready to try all the good suggestions. I planned on
starting with the easiest so I reassembled the trap then I poured water in
to fill the sink so I could plunge it. It never backed up. The digging I
did
with the snake must have loosened it up?
Works fine now.
As far as cleaning / maintenance, I'm sure the pipes are layered with
slimy
crud.
Would just very hot water down the drain be enough?
Or best to leave well enough alone?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve

sediment plugged facet mike Home Repair 3 July 11th 05 03:54 AM
Frequently plugged toilet [email protected] Home Repair 9 December 18th 04 05:39 PM
Plugged aerator? [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 15th 04 05:39 PM
holes plugged... Silvan Woodworking 2 November 5th 04 03:32 AM
Plugged Tub Drain Bob P. Home Repair 6 November 18th 03 11:52 PM