Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LIME PASTE

Has anyone found a source of limepaste online? I am looking to do some
masonry on my house in the spring but have been unable to locate any
at local hardware stores or online.

-Matt

Posted to alt.home.repair

What are you making? I've never heard of lime paste, but I assume
you all are talking about lime putty. Lime putty requires slaking
lime for a minimum of 16 hours, longer doesn't hurt a thing. Lime
putty by itself will probably never set up for wall purposes. It
needs plaster to set up. Lime is used in Portland recipes, but
not lime putty. Lime putty type plasters are not intrinsically
compatible with Portland.

Here is the bible according to plaster work:
http://www.usg.com/resources/handbooks/ViewChapter.do?bookId=1&chapterNum=7

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Has anyone found a source of limepaste online? I am looking to
do some masonry on my house in the spring but have been unable
to locate any at local hardware stores or online.

-Matt

I'm thinking about making some with that bag of slaked lime out
in my garage. Just mix with excess water and let it soak for a
few months, stirring occasionally for the first week or two.
I'm sure it's carbonated a little by now, but if the results are
at all promising I can find a fresh bag of lime.

I wonder if adding a *little* white portland cement to the lime
paste just before using would be a good thing?

Bob

Paste Wax Hedley Woodworking 14 December 7th 05 11:52 AM
Paste wax help!!!! Jennifer Ann Woodworking 12 June 15th 05 07:43 PM
lime mortar smudger UK diy 2 April 6th 05 09:57 PM
lime mortar smudger UK diy 1 April 6th 05 07:45 PM
Paste Residue John UK diy 2 February 25th 05 11:51 AM