Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clothes moths

Will lining a closet with cedar panals keep clothes moths out?
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Bill wrote:
Will lining a closet with cedar panals keep clothes moths out?
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com

No... cedar does have a natural repellent with some effectiveness, but
there will always be a percentage of insects with some resistance to the
oils. The surest safeguard is basicly tupperware for clothing. After the
clothes have been cleaned store them in an air tight container... zipper
bags and containers that uses the handles to lock down the lid are not
air tight.

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair

Also my dry cleaners told me always dry clean or wash your clothes
before putting them in the closet. If you wear an item and store it in
the closet without cleaning it is more prone to attract moths.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 2:05 pm, "Mikepier" wrote:
Also my dry cleaners told me always dry clean or wash your clothes
before putting them in the closet. If you wear an item and store it in
the closet without cleaning it is more prone to attract moths.

..
Mothballs? (Camphor)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am trying to stay away from Mothballs since they smell so bad.

terrywrote:

On Jan 29, 2:05 pm, "Mikepier"
wrote:
Also my dry cleaners told me always dry clean or wash your clothes
before putting them in the closet. If you wear an item and store it

in
the closet without cleaning it is more prone to attract moths.
..

Mothballs? (Camphor)[/quote:96f42cbc2d]
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com