Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane heater and furnace sharing work

Lots of heat related questions lately..
I have a Comfort Glow solarfusion propane SF30PT
heater,,thermostatically
controlled and works by convection(no fan)and radiant heat both..It
claims to
heat 1,000 sq ft..Operates at 15,000 to 30,000 btu..I've had it new in
the box for
over a year now and probably wo'nt install it till next fall..It is
vent free..I plan to
use it along with a forced air furnace to heat this leaky old place,,I
also plan to
seal this place up eventually so a high efficiancy forced air furnace
that draws
fresh air from outside makes sense I guess..The thinking here is
efficiancy,,the
C-Glow requires no electricity and no heat goes out via exhaust wich
makes it
virtually 100% efficient..Propane is less costly than elec..It will
operate during
power outages..
I realize the safety issues,,I live alone lately,,no woman or kids to
worry about..
My question is about calibrating the two thermostats..How to do this so
they
both share the heating load? The C-Glow has a mechanical thermostat
built-in
I'm sure(have'nt opened box yet)so should I move the furnaces'
thermostat to
near the C-Glow? Or just try to calibrate with the respective settings?
Has
Anyone else here been crazy enuff to try something like this?!
LOL..What were
Your results? Any experiences with this exact C-Glow heater? I'm sure
more
questions will come up,,I have more questions than Carter,Lilly or
Roche ever
had pills! I've been holding back,,do'nt wanna overload the internet!
Inquiring
minds wanna know! TIA.
Dean