Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bay window floor

Hello,

I have a bay window in my living room. Is it normal for the floor of the bay
window to be cold? I ask because there's a really noticeable difference in
temperature when you walk on the floor that has the basement under it to
the part of the floor that sticks out.

Thanks,

Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris wrote:
Hello,

I have a bay window in my living room. Is it normal for the floor of the bay
window to be cold? I ask because there's a really noticeable difference in
temperature when you walk on the floor that has the basement under it to
the part of the floor that sticks out.

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, fairly normal. There is less insulating structure under the bay
part of the window.

You may be able to add some insulation under the floor part from
outside underneath.