Posted to alt.home.repair
XGLAIZER

Default INSTALLING BAY WINDOW

I am a retired glaizer. never installed a bay window. I currently have
a 4030 opening. going to install a 5040 bay window. I know i have to
reframe and install a new header but iam not to sure how the outside
should be finished off or if the window will need any bottom support.
The window i will be installing is a pella with cable support. any help
will be appreaicated

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

XGLAIZER wrote:
I am a retired glaizer. never installed a bay window. I currently have
a 4030 opening. going to install a 5040 bay window. I know i have to
reframe and install a new header but iam not to sure how the outside
should be finished off or if the window will need any bottom support.
The window i will be installing is a pella with cable support. any help
will be appreaicated

The cable support is to keep the projecting part of the window from
sagging. It doesn't support the entire weight of the window, so yes,
you do need to have a structurally sound framed opening all the way
around.

Pella's web site has a downloadable PDF file with installation
instructions.
http://pro.pella.com/pdf/PL_BowBay.pdf

A bay window's framing can a little different than a typical window
rough opening so make sure that you measure from the correct point and
install the correct blocking on the sides. Here's a link to Andersen's
section details (didn't have Pella's information handy):
http://tinyurl.com/ffkoe

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Is a bay in there now, whats in there now.