Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheap receptacles vs heavy duty

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:09:20 -0500, SMF
wrote:

Hi,

Is there a good opinion about choosing the proper receptacle. When
browsing HD there are receptacles which range from 50 cents up to 6
dollars. There are some in between for around $2.00 which state
commercial contractor quality.

I have replaced my older two prong outlets with the $2.00 ones for
equipment such as table lights, computer, TV ect. I am wondering
however whether these are also ok for other equipment such as
refrigerators or washing machines or should those go on a heavy duty
one?

The majority of my wiring in the house is 20amp.

Thanks,
SF

First I like spec grade stuff, and I also switched over to decora,
they are automaticly upgraded.

You mention something that concerns me, you said you were replacing 2
prong ones, are you verifying you have an equipment ground? Just to
be that weird shop teacher, safety first, and only qualified people
should work on electrical circuits.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com