Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ice in gutters

less corrisive than rock salt that'll rot your shingle, calciumm won't
"Gary Niskanen" wrote in message news:...
use calcium chloride not rock salt
"Tom The Great" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:57:13 GMT, Reed wrote:

With the Denver area undergoing an unusually long cold spell, ice has
built up fairly solid in the gutters, and on lower shingles, on the
north side of house. The south side does get just enough sun to have
melted OK. In 20 years in this house, this has not happened before.

Is there a best way to remove this ice before any damage is done,
particularly if it ever warms up again around here ??

The gutter and eaves are first floor, easily reachable with ladder on
ground.

--reed

Well I read this and I would figure on two things.

1. You're CRAZY, I thought global warming had Colorado like Florida
by now.

2. Wondered if you thought about using a non-corrosive ice melt?

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com

Replaced Ice Maker How Long For It To Produce Ice? [email protected] Home Repair 41 February 18th 21 08:08 PM
Ice in gutters Reed Home Repair 16 January 21st 07 10:19 PM
Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice! FE Home Repair 13 August 5th 06 03:36 PM
kenmore ice maker stopped making ice ESM Home Repair 3 September 7th 05 03:21 AM
Hollow ice cubes from a Ice maker TURTLE Home Repair 8 January 24th 04 10:36 PM