Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing hardwood floors

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

Remi wrote:
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stubby wrote:
Remi wrote:.,
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.
warm water with murphys oil soap is best bet.use no solvents(acetone)

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

diablo wrote:
"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday
to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and
therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

The guy that refinished my hardwood about ten yrs ago recommended vinegar
and warm water. its been working well and the finish still looks good, cheap
too.

YMMV

Andrew

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stubby wrote:
Remi wrote:
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.

Hopefully no one will believe you and ruin the floor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:15:49 GMT, "Remi" wrote:

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Elbow grease?

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

bowgus wrote:
diablo wrote:

"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday
to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and
therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.

Murphy's. If there are black scuffs, mineral spirits (test in out of
the way spot) should take it off. Takes off crayola, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Stubby wrote:
Remi wrote:
What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.

Hopefully no one will believe you and ruin the floor.

Not true. If you go to Home Depot or Pergo.com you will find acetone
listed as the preferred cleaner. Get Pergo to send you their cleaning
brochure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.

Hopefully no one will believe you and ruin the floor.

Not true. If you go to Home Depot or Pergo.com you will find acetone
listed as the preferred cleaner. Get Pergo to send you their cleaning
brochure.

Ummm, Acetone should eat through the plastic. I would not try this
unless I saw someone else do it first, or something.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:18:44 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

bowgus wrote:
diablo wrote:

"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday
to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and
therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.

Murphy's. If there are black scuffs, mineral spirits (test in out of
the way spot) should take it off. Takes off crayola, too.

Need to rinse thoroughly with clear water?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

bowgus wrote:
diablo wrote:

"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday
to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and
therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.

Murphy's. If there are black scuffs, mineral spirits (test in out of
the way spot) should take it off. Takes off crayola, too.

Need to rinse thoroughly with clear water?

I don't I sponge the floor dry. Murphy's dries streak free and with out
clouding.

Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sue Sue is offline

In article k.net,
Norminn wrote:

bowgus wrote:
diablo wrote:

"Remi" wrote in message
news5Osh.760970$R63.6729@pd7urf1no...

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday
to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and
therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.

Murphy's. If there are black scuffs, mineral spirits (test in out of
the way spot) should take it off. Takes off crayola, too.

depending on your flooring using Murphy's may void the warranty
i.e.
http://www.guysfloor.com/info.htm
http://www.jfloor.com/Install.htm

Washing hardwood floors Eigenvector Home Repair 7 October 4th 06 12:04 PM
Hardwood floors Nirodac Woodworking 3 September 26th 06 07:54 AM
Engineered Hardwood Floors over Solid Hardwood Floors [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 26th 05 04:21 PM
Hardwood Floors Help Jeff Bulach Home Repair 3 January 17th 05 03:51 AM
Hardwood Floors Tim Home Repair 8 April 8th 04 07:02 AM