Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dripping water

I have a wood frame ranch in North Carolina, about 40 years old.
Lately I've been hearing water dripping where there should be no
water.

For several minutes after I shower, I hear what distinctly sounds like
water dripping in the ceiling over the vanity (not over the shower). I
haven't been able to investigate because the attic is so crammed full
of junk I couldn't begin to get to the affected area.

The arguments against it being a drip:

- There shouldn't be any pipes in the attic.

- If it was going to drip after using the shower it seems like it
would drip all the time. As it is, it only lasts a couple of
minutes

- There is no evidence of water damage. The ceiling drywall shows no
sign of a leak.

The arguments for it being a leak:

- It just *sounds* like a leak.

Any suggestions?