Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
REP REP is offline

Default Yellow water from cold water tap

I recently had my bathroom renovated. I am more than satisfied with
everything that was done, but I did have some significant concerns
about the workmanship from the plumber on the job. He was consistently
late coming in and screwed up too many times to count.

That being said, I have noticed that I get a short stream of yellow
water from the cold water tap (2 seconds) when I first use it after
several hours. I have two sinks, and it only occurs at the one sink.
I also know that the they used the white 1/2" plumbing tubes to run the
plumbing during the renovation and not copper, if that makes a
difference.

The sink, faucet, EVERYTHING in the bathroom is new. 3/4" plastic
tubing was run up to the bathroom from the basement to feed the
bathroom. The only place copper was used was for the shower install.

Would anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? Is this
something the plumber may have done, is it bad materials? Could it be
the faucet?

Thanks for your response
Bill

Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap? David P UK diy 197 May 20th 06 09:31 AM
Hot Water from the cold tap? mf Home Repair 8 November 21st 05 04:31 AM
hot water coming out of cold tap .... Ada UK diy 7 April 28th 05 09:04 AM
Hot water from cold tap simulet UK diy 1 May 31st 04 11:10 PM
No Cold water from bath tap Lynsey Stewart UK diy 7 March 5th 04 11:45 AM