Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

How do we flip a left-hand Kwikset lock so it works on a right-hand door?

I bought a set of Kwikset Security locks which advertise "Fits All Doors" &
"Easy Installation". The Kwikset lock package contained two left-hand keyed
knobs and two deadbolts.

The problem is there is NOTHING on the package that indicates the two keyed
knobs are set up for left-handed doors (those with the hinge on the left).
My outside doors are right-hand doors (they have the hinge on the right).

It's crazy to me that Kwikset doesn't even SAY on the package that all my
lock cylinders will be upside down unless I can figure out how to switch
the Kwikset lock from being a left-hand knob to a right-hand knob.

Do you know how?

I googled only to find a very tough to follow description of the lock knob
keyhole reversing procedure sans pictures at
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=227800

Is there a PHOTOGRAPH or DIAGRAM of how to reverse a quickset lock that is
set up for a left-hand door to have the keyhole right-side up for a
right-hand door?

The instructions have room for Spanish, English, and French, but no room to
tell us how to install the lock such that the keyhole is right-side up.

Is the procedure to flip the Kwikset keyhole documented (with pictures)?