Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plumbing - water source pipe to the new house

Hello,
I ran a Poly pipe from the meter location to the vicinity of my new house
(foundation at the moment, unincorporated King County, WA) and need to
decide where to terminate it (before my dirt guys take off). Does anyone
know if Poly pipe (mine is 1 1/2") can get inside the foundation perimeter
before it turns into whatever else the plumber uses (copper or PEX)? Are
there some rules as to where the main shut-off valve should be?
Should I just penetrate the foundation wall and get it to the crawl-space
from where the plumber will take over? (provided it will be under the
underground water freezing level)?
Ideas or some pointers to related regulations are more than welcome.
Thx

Posted to alt.home.repair

Martino wrote:

Hello,
I ran a Poly pipe from the meter location to the vicinity of my new house
(foundation at the moment, unincorporated King County, WA) and need to
decide where to terminate it (before my dirt guys take off). Does anyone
know if Poly pipe (mine is 1 1/2") can get inside the foundation perimeter
before it turns into whatever else the plumber uses (copper or PEX)? Are
there some rules as to where the main shut-off valve should be?
Should I just penetrate the foundation wall and get it to the crawl-space
from where the plumber will take over? (provided it will be under the
underground water freezing level)?
Ideas or some pointers to related regulations are more than welcome.
Thx

Yes, run it thru the foundation. The shutoff can be installed
inside at a location that you'll be able to get at.
I would put a plastic sleeve over the pipe where it passes
thru the foundation. Use silicone caulk to seal any gaps around it.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Perfect. Thx
"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
et...
Martino wrote:

[...]

Water Heater / Plumbing in Empty House [email protected] Home Repair 10 November 30th 06 03:22 AM
Plumbing question: getting piece of broken pipe out of drain pipe Joe Home Repair 2 October 22nd 06 03:53 AM
house plumbing/water question stonecreek Home Repair 2 October 18th 06 03:33 AM
Waste pipe plumbing John Hearns UK diy 3 June 12th 05 07:52 PM
How vital are pipe inserts with pushfit plumbing wwit 22m acorn pipe? Ricky C UK diy 7 February 10th 05 10:48 PM