Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nutone CV-350 (Central Vac) Electrical Problem

I'm having a problem with the Nutone central vac system in my house ...
it will turn ON when the low voltage circuit is "made" (when the hose
is plugged into an outlet) ... but sometimes it won't turn OFF when the
circuit is broken by turning the switch on the handle to the off
position. Tonight, I turned the unit on from the switch on the motor
housing in the garage, and the only way I was able to turn it off was
to unplug it. Now the motor starts back up whenever I plug it back in
.... even with the switch in the OFF position, and no hose in any of the
vacuum outlets!

I looked on the Nutone web site and found a parts diagram showing a
"relay assembly" ... but no wiring diagram. So my question to all you
knowledgeable folks ... is this relay most likely my problem? Would
anyone possibly have a wiring diagram for this product?

Thanks in advance for any constructive information!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bankerjohn wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Sounds like relay problem(sticky contacts).
Low voltage controls replay which in turn applies 120V to the motor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Bankerjohn wrote:
[...]

Yep, it's likely the relay. You can open them up, unstick the contacts
and gently clean them off with some fine siicon carbide paper. I had
the same problem about 5 years ago and it's been working perfectly
since cleaning.

hoover central vac Dolph Home Ownership 0 November 6th 06 11:58 PM
Central Vac Newbie Home Repair 3 March 2nd 06 12:55 AM
big shop vac for central vac habbi Metalworking 12 March 1st 05 02:25 AM
using central vac as DC Gary A in KC Woodworking 8 December 31st 04 09:14 PM
central vac as DC Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 1 December 31st 04 12:14 AM