Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is Your Spa Cover Too Heavy?

That's because the foam inside the cover sucks up water from both
outside the spa during rain and snow and also from condensation from
inside the spa. A quick tip to help make the cover a little lighter is
to take the cover off the spa on a sunny day. Stand it up like a tent
and open up any zippers the cover may have. this will help dry out your
spa cover just a little. Keep doing this on sunny days to ensure
dryness.

And if you just bought a cover this will happen so in order to prevent
it buy a cheap plastic tarp to throw over the cover to keep it
protected from the elements. It will still collect condensation from
inside the spa but it wont be as bad.

Just a quick tip!
For more information visit
http://www.swimuniversity.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:42:20 -0500, Charlie Morgan wrote:

On 4 Jan 2007 08:26:55 -0800, "Your Local Pool Guy"
wrote:

That's because the foam inside the cover sucks up water from both
outside the spa during rain and snow and also from condensation from
inside the spa. A quick tip to help make the cover a little lighter is
to take the cover off the spa on a sunny day. Stand it up like a tent
and open up any zippers the cover may have. this will help dry out your
spa cover just a little. Keep doing this on sunny days to ensure
dryness.

And if you just bought a cover this will happen so in order to prevent
it buy a cheap plastic tarp to throw over the cover to keep it
protected from the elements. It will still collect condensation from
inside the spa but it wont be as bad.

Bwhahahahahahaha! This is too funny!

CWM

============
Last cover I had lasted 7 years BEFORE the wife complained it was
getting a "tad" too heavy for her to remove my itself... and honestly
it did weight a heck of a lot more then the new one I just installed
BUT these things are NOT that expensive..I would rather buy a new one
every 6-7 years then remove it every sunny day...

The vinyl cover on the old one looked just fine BTW after the 7
years.. but boy the sytrofoam sure was waterlogged (saturated)...

Bob G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's been my experience too. Current one is about 3-4 years old and
is now a little heavier than new, but still OK. I seriously doubt
that trying to dry it out on a sunny day is going to help much, as it's
the styrofoam that gets water logged and the water is trapped inside.
Even the poster says it only dries it out just a little, so what't the
point?

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is just a tip to help keep the cover lighter while it's aging.
And it doesnt have to dry on every sunny day just a few or after it
rains. The best tip is to keep a small tarp over it when its not in use
for a long period. This will help keep the Styrofoam from getting
soaked from the outside. This is a tip to make your cover last longer.
http://www.swimuniversity.com