Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spa cover lift plans

We recently purchased a spa and are looking for DIY plans for a "cover lift"
available online. I see a few versions available on eBay, but thought I
would ask here first before I buy there.

Thank you much

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Not much to them, U-shaped aluminium frame (anodized would be good)
stout enough to handle the weight of a wet cover. Skirting will
probably need structural reinforcement at the pivot point and the leash
attachment point.
GotBonus wrote:
We recently purchased a spa and are looking for DIY plans for a "cover lift"
available online. I see a few versions available on eBay, but thought I
would ask here first before I buy there.

Thank you much

Posted to alt.home.repair

"tom" wrote in message
ps.com...
Not much to them, U-shaped aluminium frame (anodized would be good)
stout enough to handle the weight of a wet cover. Skirting will
probably need structural reinforcement at the pivot point and the leash
attachment point.

Simple enough, but I would still like to see a "working" plan, best location
of pivot points, length of arms etc.
Perhaps I will just drop by a spa store and take a look at what they have
and copy it. Lets see how long it takes them to boot me when I start taking
measurements, lol

GotBonus wrote:
We recently purchased a spa and are looking for DIY plans for a "cover
lift"
available online. I see a few versions available on eBay, but thought I
would ask here first before I buy there.

Thank you much

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

That's what Norm [Tom genuflects] would do. I'm sure the spa store
employees won't mind. Tom