Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chemical smell in well water

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article , "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Agreed, except for the bit about "are they harmful". We've all seen ads
asking for people to participate in drug studies. We don't see ads asking
for people who are willing to be dosed with industrial chemicals. Since
*all* parties in the chemical debate now agree that studies on animals are
not conclusive, it's important to err on the side of safety. Otherwise, we
are unwitting guinea pigs.

Yes, but.

Where do you draw the line? Above some threshold level, almost *anything*
is
harmful. It's impossible to eliminate risk from life. And while I freely
admit
that I'm not a toxicologist, and don't actually know how dangerous those
chemicals might be, I imagine that the OP probably places himself in much
greater danger by driving to work in the morning than by drinking the
water
from his well.

--
Regards,

I'd chase down the cause just because it might result in some company's CEO
having incurable headaches, if his/her company was illegally dumping. But,
that's just me. People like that should be hauled off in handcuffs, just as
if they'd taken a swing at a cop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

I'd chase down the cause just because it might result in some company's CEO
having incurable headaches, if his/her company was illegally dumping. But,
that's just me. People like that should be hauled off in handcuffs, just as
if they'd taken a swing at a cop.

I agree completely -- I just don't agree with your timing. Find out if it's
actually dangerous first. THEN decide what to do about it.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd chase down the cause just because it might result in some company's
CEO
having incurable headaches, if his/her company was illegally dumping. But,
that's just me. People like that should be hauled off in handcuffs, just
as
if they'd taken a swing at a cop.

I agree completely -- I just don't agree with your timing. Find out if
it's
actually dangerous first. THEN decide what to do about it.

--
Regards,

We keep agreeing. Something's wrong here. Isn't this a newsgroup? :-)