Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave digital display unreadable

I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on
the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a
relatively new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken
to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could
find out if it helps. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on the
digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a relatively
new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken to a repair
shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could find out if it
helps. Thanks.

Probably an electronic problem. You might get lucky and find a connector
that just needs to be re-seated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

tenplay wrote:
I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on
the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a
relatively new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken
to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could
find out if it helps. Thanks.

If its under warrenty , then return it for repair .

On my unit the numbers are unreadable unless there is a light shining
into the display , makes it impossible to use without the kitchen light
on.

If the display isnt working at all , its probably an electronics
problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

you could ask her to unplug it overnight and see if things are back to
normal the next day. otherwise buy mom a new microwave. take her old
one for your secondary thanksgiving microwave. or camping; it's great
to have microwave popcorn on a rainy day.

tenplay wrote:
I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on
the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a
relatively new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken
to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could
find out if it helps. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:10:11 -0800, tenplay wrote:

I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on
the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a
relatively new unit.

Only the new units have this capability. In accordance with the GATT
(General Agreements on Trade and Tarriffs) and the UAMM (Uniform
Agreement on Metric Measurements)new devices in the US will have the
option of metric time. This is for greater cooperation with Europe
and developing Asian nations.

You apparently have one of the first models.

Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken
to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could
find out if it helps. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 3:10 pm, tenplay wrote:
I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on
the digitaldisplayof hermicrowaveare unreadable. And it is a
relatively new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken
to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could
find out if it helps. Thanks.

Have you seen this?
http://www.microwavedisplay.com