Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Microwave digital display unreadable

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:10:11 -0800, tenplay wrote:

I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on
the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a
relatively new unit.

Only the new units have this capability. In accordance with the GATT
(General Agreements on Trade and Tarriffs) and the UAMM (Uniform
Agreement on Metric Measurements)new devices in the US will have the
option of metric time. This is for greater cooperation with Europe
and developing Asian nations.

You apparently have one of the first models.

Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken
to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could
find out if it helps. Thanks.