Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Resurfacing Sink?

The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am considering
using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem. I'm only planning on
doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it in with the surrounding
area. Does anyone have any experience doing this or other
suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas Wunderlich wrote:
The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am considering
using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem. I'm only planning on
doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it in with the surrounding
area. Does anyone have any experience doing this or other
suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

Unless it is an antique or a 'one of a kind', I would replace it vice
trying to fix it. I don't think you will be able to make it look much
better than it is now with paint.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Thomas Wunderlich" wrote in message
The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am
considering using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem. I'm
only planning on doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it in with
the surrounding area. Does anyone have any experience doing this or other
suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

Yes, that will work. It will look like crap, but it will work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas Wunderlich wrote:
The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am
considering using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem.
I'm only planning on doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it
in with the surrounding area. Does anyone have any experience doing
this or other suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

If there is something very special about it, I would have it
professionally done. Most professional refinishers do a good job. It will
not be as good or as durable as the original, but it will be good. DIY is
usually poor. Fixing a single chip might be OK, but the whole thing is
something else again.

Other than that I would replace it. In fact I have done that with two
of the four sinks in my home already. The others will be replaced as they
wear. I go solid porcelain sinks for replacement and they are going great.
They cost a little more, but well worth it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Thomas Wunderlich" wrote:
The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am considering
using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem. I'm only planning on
doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it in with the surrounding
area. Does anyone have any experience doing this or other
suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

Is this a bathroom, kitchen or what?

A professional quality refinishing can hold up in a
bathroom sink or tub for quite a few years.

However, it's a waste of time doing this with a
kitchen sink, IMHO. There's typically much too
much wear and tear from the metal and porcelain
pots, pans, plates, cutlery etc. It's just more
then these finishes can handle.

I'd simply replace the sink with a design and
style of your choice.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

It is amazing how much effort and money some people will spend to save a few
bucks and hours of work to do the job right!