Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Resurfacing Sink?

Thomas Wunderlich wrote:
The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am
considering using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem.
I'm only planning on doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it
in with the surrounding area. Does anyone have any experience doing
this or other suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

If there is something very special about it, I would have it
professionally done. Most professional refinishers do a good job. It will
not be as good or as durable as the original, but it will be good. DIY is
usually poor. Fixing a single chip might be OK, but the whole thing is
something else again.

Other than that I would replace it. In fact I have done that with two
of the four sinks in my home already. The others will be replaced as they
wear. I go solid porcelain sinks for replacement and they are going great.
They cost a little more, but well worth it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit