Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alamo demand water softener

I have a 10 year old Alamo demand water softener that I need some
advise on. First, from time to time the water pressure drops, when I
use the bypass the pressure increases. I have taken the two screens
out and cleaned them and the water pressure drops still occur but less
frequently. I thought that since I live in Florida and there is alot
of iron in the water that maybe I should use Iron Out to clean the
media. I think I understand the procedure, but I have a mechanical
timer/demand meter. I really seems simple, but I am not sure how to
regenerate the system manually. I understand that you allow the salt
to get low and then add the Iron Out then regenerate. This is suppose
to clean the media (resin). Would this improve the water pressure?

Request for info on demand water heaters David Nebenzahl Home Repair 9 October 3rd 06 04:39 PM
Noritz N-069M-OD question (on demand water heater) Dan_Musicant Home Repair 2 June 10th 06 02:55 AM
On demand hot water SteveB Home Repair 2 November 14th 05 01:09 AM
on demand electric water heater gcroix Home Repair 3 February 2nd 05 02:44 PM
Water softener timer or 'on demand' for well water? darford Home Ownership 0 August 13th 04 06:11 AM