DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Alamo demand water softener (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187271-alamo-demand-water-softener.html)

[email protected] December 28th 06 12:18 AM

Alamo demand water softener

I have a 10 year old Alamo demand water softener that I need some
advise on. First, from time to time the water pressure drops, when I
use the bypass the pressure increases. I have taken the two screens
out and cleaned them and the water pressure drops still occur but less
frequently. I thought that since I live in Florida and there is alot
of iron in the water that maybe I should use Iron Out to clean the
media. I think I understand the procedure, but I have a mechanical
timer/demand meter. I really seems simple, but I am not sure how to
regenerate the system manually. I understand that you allow the salt
to get low and then add the Iron Out then regenerate. This is suppose
to clean the media (resin). Would this improve the water pressure?