Posted to alt.home.repair

Default smile

I am in a new house and I do not know how to clean my hardwood
floors......Do I damp mop them and then dry every few feet? Or do I damp
mop and leave them dry on there own just like the kitchen floor??? Thank
you for your help.....Have a great New Year.....k

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Kay,

It is best to keep the floors dry, so don't let the water stay on the
floor.

There are products made for cleaning hardwood floors. You can find the
products in the cleaning section of your local stores. Try a small
bottle of a product to see if you like it.

One popular cleaner is made by Bruce company. It is called Bruce "dura
luster", no wax floor cleaner.

You can also use Google to search "hardwood floor care and cleaning"
and you will find both products and helpful articles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"kay7777" writes:

I am in a new house and I do not know how to clean my hardwood
floors......Do I damp mop them and then dry every few feet? Or do I damp
mop and leave them dry on there own just like the kitchen floor??? Thank
you for your help.....Have a great New Year.....k

If it's a new house, they're almost certainly polyurethane treated.
Get a large dust mop, and use it often, dry. A little bit of
dampness may help adhesion but a little bit is all ya want.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

OT but made me smile Staffbull UK diy 30 September 25th 06 03:02 PM
Say your friend hello and show him your smile! [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 19th 06 12:12 PM
smile Energetyk Electronics 0 September 30th 05 06:59 PM
smile Energetyk Metalworking 0 September 30th 05 06:49 PM
I am so happy I could smile MM UK diy 9 May 20th 05 05:31 PM