Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attaching gaskets to wood burning stove doors ?

- Bob - wrote:
Anyone found anything better than furnace cement? It's really not
well suited to the job since it's not very sticky, it fills the gasket
groove, and makes whatever part of the gasket that touches it
stiff and non-functional. It's also a real pain to clean off each
year or two when I replace the gaskets.

Is there a better adhesive? Anyone experimented ?

Something is very wrong with the way the stove is
constructed or with the way you operate it if you
are replacing gaskets each year. I put 3-4 cords
through our stove for over 15 years and never
replaced a gasket. Grew up with wood stove and
can't remember my father ever replacing a gasket.

Not sure what they use for stickum; ask a stove
manufacturer.

Wood Burning Stove - Glass doors always smoked up! Richard UK diy 10 November 20th 15 07:07 PM
Attaching gaskets to wood burning stove doors ? kevin Home Repair 1 December 23rd 06 05:13 AM
wood burning stove John Kelly UK diy 7 October 13th 06 03:01 PM
wood burning stove [email protected] UK diy 2 April 24th 05 05:28 AM
Wood burning stove Martin Carroll UK diy 4 October 12th 03 08:44 PM