Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Iron Reducing Bacteria

We have discovered that we have Iron reducing bacteria in our new well.
We have been living in our new house for about 5 months and always had
a funny smell in the cold water. A test from a lab confirmed that it
was iron reducing bacteria and in high concentration 3+ out of 5.

From what I've read on google this is very bad. We did bleach our well

already and that lasted 2 days and the smell came back. We called
Culligan and they stated that the problem could be very serious as the
smell came back so quick after bleaching.

My understanding is that IRB (Iron reducing bacteria) can render a well
system useless very quickly.

Can anyone suggest a course of action to deal with this. The builder
says that its not his problem.

Thanks.

Refrigerator water - black algae/bacteria? Roy Fek Home Repair 8 November 20th 19 03:44 AM
Reducing refrigerator noise? [email protected] Home Repair 9 October 9th 06 11:44 AM
Reducing soldering iron heat [email protected] Electronics Repair 20 May 26th 06 01:30 PM
reducing tees Arthur UK diy 9 February 23rd 05 05:50 PM
flying bacteria from a toilet.? veteran Home Ownership 7 December 18th 04 05:22 AM