Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for a generator?

Abe wrote:
As many of you have probably heard on the news, the Pacific NW was
recently hit by huge long-lasting power outages due to weather. I was
one of those affected. To be prepared for next time, I want to buy a
generator that can power either my furnace or a couple of space
heaters, and four 23 watt compact fluorescent lights.

I'll figure out the exact capacity I need later, but I was wondering
about brands for now. Which are the good ones to look at?

There is this rather good webpage about generators ....

http://www.1stconnect.com/anozira/Si...neratorFAQ.htm

by a guy called Steve Dunlop which may be useful. I considered a Honda
Generator but in the end ended up with a bigger Onan one.

Best, Mike.