Posted to alt.home.repair

Default REFRIGERATOR: Compressor Burned out

Compressor on refrigerator burned out.

Replace?

Repair?

It's 6 yrs old, this is the first incident.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It would depend. If it's a built-in,
definitely. As someone said, it might
not be the
compressor. I had Kitchen Aid
Authorized Service come to my house and tell
me that "because this compressor/etc. it
5 years old, it will cost me $1500 to
replace
it." No diagnostic .... Didn't even look
at it that closely. BTW, the fridge is now
working with NO REPAIR. I think it iced
up, for some reason and the ice blocked
airflow completely. I told him about
the water, etc. My guess is that the
timer stuck
or something like that. I would never
trust them again.

wrote:
Compressor on refrigerator burned out.

Replace?

Repair?

It's 6 yrs old, this is the first incident.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Compressor on refrigerator burned out.

Replace?

Repair?

It's 6 yrs old, this is the first incident.

Good Grief!

Buy a vowel.

Give us a hint.

What kind is it?

How much when new?

Unless it is a high dollar fridge, just chuck it and buy another. I have
not had any positive experiences with refrigerator repairs. Used ones can
be had for under $100 if you just need a "fridge". More if you need a nice
one, or a side by side, or it has to match the kitchen color scheme.

I, personally, have a garage "fridge" that I bought at a yard sale for $60.
It is a side by side, and takes a lot of the load off the kitchen fridge,
and gives lots of extra storage space so the kitchen one isn't so full and
the mayonnaise falls on your foot every time you open the door.

Handy for soft drinks and adult beverages, too.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Sound practical advice.
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

Sound practical advice.
Thanks

Also, the new ones, like hvac units work so much better that they will save
you money on electricity. Buy one with a high rating, within reason.

Steve