Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

Default emergency heating of home with hot water tank

I did that one time during a power cut. Set off the smoke detector.
But, it did a nice job of warming the bathroom.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Goedjn" wrote in message
news On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:27:27 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The theory being that by the time the water gets to the end of the
hose, it's lost its heat. I don't know how effective this is, but I
did hear it mentioned on the AM radio one time when there was a power
cut near me.

The spray from a shower gives up heat a great deal faster than
a hose will. More surface area, for one thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

Default generators sold cheaply

Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
My prediction is that in about half a year, we'll see used generators
going cheaply. Buy up, and be ready for the next storm.

--

When we had the grid fail in Ohio, gennys were at a premium and I assumed a
few good deals would percolate after the panic...it never happened.

Ditto the Y2K flop. I figured there'd be lots of NIB generators at all
the garage sales. There weren't.

All the Y2K buying and early computer upgrades were probably part of
the economy run-up and subsequent slow-down.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:27:26 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

My prediction is that in about half a year, we'll see used generators
going cheaply. Buy up, and be ready for the next storm.

During the Y2K flap EVERYONE (with no brain cells, which is a lot of
people) was buying generators. Yet there seemed to be no super deals
on used generators on Jan 2nd.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:14:05 -0800, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Road closures. What are your plans for "bugging in"?

Gunner

.22 at work with a brick?

Shop cats will only stretch so far, even with rice.

Gunner

Political Correctness

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

harbor freight has low cost enerators for under 200 bucks you can get a
2000 watt unit, enough to run a fridge OR gas furnce, OR one sem mjor
load and some lights

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

wrote:

Road closures. What are your plans for "bugging in"?

Gunner

.22 at work with a brick?

Shop cats will only stretch so far, even with rice.

Gunner

We still have a pack of feral dogs running around, ask Tho for recipes for
me.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
My prediction is that in about half a year, we'll see used generators
going cheaply. Buy up, and be ready for the next storm.

--

When we had the grid fail in Ohio, gennys were at a premium and I assumed
few good deals would percolate after the panic...it never happened.

Ditto the Y2K flop. I figured there'd be lots of NIB generators at all
the garage sales. There weren't.

All the Y2K buying and early computer upgrades were probably part of
the economy run-up and subsequent slow-down.

Cool thought! I wonder if we can create a new situation just before the
previous one peters out thus having a continual growth spurt.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 03:08:14 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Road closures. What are your plans for "bugging in"?

Gunner

.22 at work with a brick?

Shop cats will only stretch so far, even with rice.

Gunner

We still have a pack of feral dogs running around, ask Tho for recipes for
me.

Hell..its on the net

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/sets/1652923/
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=3455

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism

Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
My prediction is that in about half a year, we'll see used generators
going cheaply. Buy up, and be ready for the next storm.

--

When we had the grid fail in Ohio, gennys were at a premium and I assumed
few good deals would percolate after the panic...it never happened.

Ditto the Y2K flop. I figured there'd be lots of NIB generators at all
the garage sales. There weren't.

All the Y2K buying and early computer upgrades were probably part of
the economy run-up and subsequent slow-down.

Cool thought! I wonder if we can create a new situation just before the
previous one peters out thus having a continual growth spurt.

I think I've got it!

Y2.01K! It's just 3 years away.