Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT....Fixing yard

We had a snow storm last Thursday/Friday. I live across the street from
a culdesac, where it "T's" into a main street in the allotment.

Besides waking up to almost a foot of snow, the tree lawn or some call
the devil strip had been plowed. At the stop sign for the culdesac,
there was a pile of salt a few inches deep, with a trail leading over to
the tree lawn. As of Sunday, all the snow had melted, we went from one
extreme to another. I have this area approx. 100' long by 2' wide where
the plow ran.

I called the city on Monday, and they said they would get back to me.
Here it is Wednesday, and I called them again. I was told it probably
wasn't the plow driver. UGH! There's still salt at the stop sign, and
there's still a trail leading over to the tree lawn.

Anyways, I have to put this plowed up sod back in place. What's the best
way to go about it? I was thinking about calling a lawn service, but
don't know if anyone would want to attempt to fix this mess. I really
believe the city should fix it, apparently they're not in the habit of
admitting their mistakes.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Chrissy Wellard writes:

[...]

Take pictures. Contact your elected officials in the city rather than
the yahoo that is answered phone calls. Do not call a lawn service,
do not endeavor to fix it yourself. It's not your land to do so.
But do contact the elected city officials, particularly the one
servicing your specific district of the city. Or try to punch
through the operator types and get to the person who supervises the
plowing folk. Even then you may find a disposition to covering their
ass. So the elected officials are probably your best avenue to
effective resolution.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Guy in the next town to mine went through a nightmare with this some
years ago- he had well water- permanently ruined by salt. Pipes
corroded , too. After years of lawsuits and denials by county of their
plainly obvious responsibility, he finally got partial relief. This
was a lot of salt, though.
I'd definitely get pix and get responsible parties out there to
see/ fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had a simular problem where the snow plow driver took the mirror off
my Toyota. I took copious pictures showing the path of the plow and the
orange paint scrapped off on my car. I took the pictures into the City
Attorney and ran him through them. He said ok and wrote me a check for
$380
Richard