Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing

Default ????Easy Repair????

Recently a plumber came and stopped my bath-tub faucet from leaking.
So far so good. The next time I took a shower I noticed that it was
easier to turn the cold water knob than the hot water knob. The hot
water tap required more force to turn than the cold water tap. My
question is: Can a layperson with no plumbing experience like me even
out the taps with just a screwdriver and 15 minutes? How does one
repair this?

---Thanx
---TConrad

Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing

No, you can't do this with just screw drivers.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Recently a plumber came and stopped my bath-tub faucet from leaking.
So far so good. The next time I took a shower I noticed that it was
easier to turn the cold water knob than the hot water knob. The hot
water tap required more force to turn than the cold water tap. My
question is: Can a layperson with no plumbing experience like me even
out the taps with just a screwdriver and 15 minutes? How does one
repair this?

---Thanx
---TConrad

Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing

pay the plumber to fix the other one. the age of the hidden fixture and
availability and matching of parts by an experienced plumber amazes me
especially on many older fixtures which we can spend hours on without
results except for inconveniencing the shower/tub users.

wrote:
Recently a plumber came and stopped my bath-tub faucet from leaking.
So far so good. The next time I took a shower I noticed that it was
easier to turn the cold water knob than the hot water knob. The hot
water tap required more force to turn than the cold water tap. My
question is: Can a layperson with no plumbing experience like me even
out the taps with just a screwdriver and 15 minutes? How does one
repair this?

---Thanx
---TConrad

Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing

Depends upon how handy you are. Most plumbing things can be done by a
high school dropout.

Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Joe Joe is offline

Yeah, right . . .

wrote in message
ups.com...
Depends upon how handy you are. Most plumbing things can be done by a
high school dropout.

Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing

buffalobill wrote:
pay the plumber to fix the other one. the age of the hidden fixture and
availability and matching of parts by an experienced plumber amazes me
especially on many older fixtures which we can spend hours on without
results except for inconveniencing the shower/tub users.

buffalobill:

I think I will take your advice. Thanks for everyone's responses.

On a different topic....buffalobill---I read your profile. Says you
are in the video game machine business. Just out of curiousity, how
many machines did you need in order to break even (not to make a
profit, just to break even)?

---Thanx
---TConrad

Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing

the highschool dropout doing plumbing thing was kinda funny.
I guess I was skipping school the semester that they had "copper
sweating 101".

Education doesn't make you smart, it just means you were forced to read
and remember things. Then again, maybe I'm biased... I spent six
years in college to meet girls.

Kenwood KA-5700 - Please help me repair / Hobby Repair / Blows Fuses Tony Heslington Electronics Repair 5 July 10th 06 02:34 PM
easy [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 6th 06 01:50 PM
Can someone help me please - an easy one.. [email protected] Electronics 0 December 28th 05 04:29 PM
Home Repair Answer Quality Repair Needed Nehmo Sergheyev Home Repair 6 May 3rd 04 03:22 PM
Gouged on repair part by appliance repair company? DH in Denver Home Repair 14 December 15th 03 04:02 AM