Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Motion Controlled Floodlights....

My old motion controlled floodlights can't come on and STAY on. Is
there some way I can tweak the sensor to simply allow it to stay on all the
time until I shut it off myself?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank B." wrote in message
My old motion controlled floodlights can't come on and STAY on. Is
there some way I can tweak the sensor to simply allow it to stay on all
the time until I shut it off myself?

Old? How old? Some can be switched to the floodlight mode by switching the
circuit on and off, once or twice. Do you have a manual?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Frank B." wrote in message
My old motion controlled floodlights can't come on and STAY on. Is
there some way I can tweak the sensor to simply allow it to stay on all
the time until I shut it off myself?

Old? How old? Some can be switched to the floodlight mode by switching
the circuit on and off, once or twice. Do you have a manual?
No manual. It has a two-position switch on the bottom. I can't make out

what either position says. I seem to get motion detection in one position
and NOTHING in the other. I don't know how old the unit is but I think it's
seen better days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank B. wrote:
My old motion controlled floodlights can't come on and STAY on. Is
there some way I can tweak the sensor to simply allow it to stay on
all the time until I shut it off myself?

If it says on, how does it ever get off so that it can come on again?

You flip the switch, right?

Some motion detectors use the interruption of primary power as a signal to
do something different than their regular action. Stay on, stay off, reset,
make an obscene noise, whatever.

You can spend your life trying to figure out what the combination is (and
never succeed) or just replace the unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Frank B. wrote:
My old motion controlled floodlights can't come on and STAY on. Is
there some way I can tweak the sensor to simply allow it to stay on
all the time until I shut it off myself?

If it says on, how does it ever get off so that it can come on again?

You flip the switch, right?

Some motion detectors use the interruption of primary power as a signal to
do something different than their regular action. Stay on, stay off,
reset, make an obscene noise, whatever.

You can spend your life trying to figure out what the combination is (and
never succeed) or just replace the unit.

Yeah, I have my eye on a Raab replacement unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:41:02 GMT, "Frank B."
wrote:

My old motion controlled floodlights can't come on and STAY on. Is
there some way I can tweak the sensor to simply allow it to stay on all the
time until I shut it off myself?

I got one of them on my barn, so the light goes on when I walk toward
it. Otherwise I am always tripping on the dark stairway that goes to
the barn.

ANyhow, there are TWO switches on the wall for it also. One switch is
just to shut it off if I want to. (if I put the horses on that side
they activate the sensor on and off all night). The other switch
applies power to the fixture AFTER the sensor. Thus the light stays
on until I flip that switch off. (it just applies power from the
source directly to the light sockets). I have that one labelled AUTO
/ MANUAL.
Sensor lights are great until you want to do something outside and
they keep going on and off. That used to really get on my nerves, so I
added the extra switch to bypass the sensor. I just have to remember
to shut it back to auto mode when I am finished outside.