Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stuck Switch on a Jet Pump

Hello

I have a Franklin convertible Jet Pump. Over the past month it has
begun failing to come on. If I whack the switch housing with a screw
driver it will start and then run fine for a while. Of course it
usually quits when I am in the shower, most often just after I have
begun shampooing.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I simply have to
replace the switch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

BillD wrote:
Hello

I have a Franklin convertible Jet Pump. Over the past month it has
begun failing to come on. If I whack the switch housing with a screw
driver it will start and then run fine for a while. Of course it
usually quits when I am in the shower, most often just after I have
begun shampooing.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I simply have to
replace the switch?

Buy and install the optional automated switch-housing whacker, or buy
one for the marital unit for Christmas...

Assuming it's the pressure switch you're speaking of, failure is not
uncommon and replacement is the only long-term solution as very few, if
any, have replaceable contacts.

While at it, check that the pressure tap or small piping on which the
switch is installed is clean and not full of rust or silt, etc., ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

BillD wrote:
Hello

I have a Franklin convertible Jet Pump. Over the past month it has
begun failing to come on. If I whack the switch housing with a screw
driver it will start and then run fine for a while. Of course it
usually quits when I am in the shower, most often just after I have
begun shampooing.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I simply have to
replace the switch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Bill

DPD is right. Check that riser pipe as your first thing. Only takes a
few minutes and a small pipe wrench. Note which wire goes on which
terminal before removing.

If not that, then replace the switch. They are not spendy.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mine has contacts under the cover. A few times an insect
has gotten in there and messed it up. I've also sanded the
contacts with good results.
The fact that it comes on when you whack the housing tells
me something is hanging up your points- debris of some type.

Be sure to shut the breaker OFF when messing with things
in there.

thetiler

Posted to alt.home.repair

Replace it.

On 9 Dec 2006 05:43:12 -0800, "BillD" wrote:

Hello

I have a Franklin convertible Jet Pump. Over the past month it has
begun failing to come on. If I whack the switch housing with a screw
driver it will start and then run fine for a while. Of course it
usually quits when I am in the shower, most often just after I have
begun shampooing.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I simply have to
replace the switch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Bill

Sump pump float switch: separate from pump? Marc_G Home Repair 4 January 15th 06 09:46 PM
Gould Jet Pump... help Water Cutting Off and Back On SP Home Repair 4 December 28th 05 06:07 AM
jet pump problem Joe Home Repair 2 December 8th 05 07:13 PM
jet live center stuck in delta tailstock res055a5 Woodturning 6 December 15th 04 12:06 PM
Help with well pump problem ... the pump or the pressure switch? Me2 Home Ownership 1 June 28th 04 03:26 AM