Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Stuck Switch on a Jet Pump

BillD wrote:
Hello

I have a Franklin convertible Jet Pump. Over the past month it has
begun failing to come on. If I whack the switch housing with a screw
driver it will start and then run fine for a while. Of course it
usually quits when I am in the shower, most often just after I have
begun shampooing.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I simply have to
replace the switch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Bill

DPD is right. Check that riser pipe as your first thing. Only takes a
few minutes and a small pipe wrench. Note which wire goes on which
terminal before removing.

If not that, then replace the switch. They are not spendy.

Harry K