Posted to alt.home.repair
Evo Evo is offline

Default Tumbled (Unfilled) Travertine grout question

I have just finished a travertine backsplash on new kitchen. It has many
unfilled indentations which add lots of character to its look. What is the
best way to grout this stone without getting grout into the indentations?

I asked the granite installer and he said just grout and fill the holes but
that's not the look I want. Glad I didn't have him do the backsplash. I'm
thinking a grout bag or use my fingers.

Any good ideas???

Thanks
RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Even if you use a grout bag or your finger, when you sponge the excess
grout off, how do you plan on not getting grout or residue into the
holes?

Just spread the grout normally with a rubber float and sponge it off
normally,
then right-way go back and rub the tile surface strongly with a damp
sponge,
removing as much out of the holes as you can. When you're done
grouting
you can pick at the holes all you want with a sharp pointy object if
you have
all day.

You may not have agreed with your granite installer, but if you find a
way to
grout your tiles and not get anything into the holes, and you actually
do it and
achieve it, let us know so we can learn something new.

thetiler

Evo wrote:
I have just finished a travertine backsplash on new kitchen. It has many
unfilled indentations which add lots of character to its look. What is the
best way to grout this stone without getting grout into the indentations?

I asked the granite installer and he said just grout and fill the holes but
that's not the look I want. Glad I didn't have him do the backsplash. I'm
thinking a grout bag or use my fingers.

Any good ideas???

Thanks
RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Posted to alt.home.repair
Evo Evo is offline

thetiler wrote:

[...]

I will, but not getting many replies from this post, thinking about an empty
caulking container if one can be found.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

tile grout question SeaKan Home Repair 6 March 15th 06 05:08 PM
Epoxy grout question DJ Home Repair 8 June 22nd 05 01:07 AM
Travertine Question SteveB Home Repair 3 June 10th 05 07:19 AM
grout question Cuprager UK diy 6 February 2nd 05 02:08 PM