Posted to alt.home.repair
thetiler thetiler is offline

Default Tumbled (Unfilled) Travertine grout question

Even if you use a grout bag or your finger, when you sponge the excess
grout off, how do you plan on not getting grout or residue into the
holes?

Just spread the grout normally with a rubber float and sponge it off
normally,
then right-way go back and rub the tile surface strongly with a damp
sponge,
removing as much out of the holes as you can. When you're done
grouting
you can pick at the holes all you want with a sharp pointy object if
you have
all day.

You may not have agreed with your granite installer, but if you find a
way to
grout your tiles and not get anything into the holes, and you actually
do it and
achieve it, let us know so we can learn something new.

thetiler

Evo wrote:
I have just finished a travertine backsplash on new kitchen. It has many
unfilled indentations which add lots of character to its look. What is the
best way to grout this stone without getting grout into the indentations?

I asked the granite installer and he said just grout and fill the holes but
that's not the look I want. Glad I didn't have him do the backsplash. I'm
thinking a grout bag or use my fingers.

Any good ideas???

Thanks
RV