Cuprager

Default grout question

I have recently refurbished my bathroom, boxing in the bath and tiling
it. I used standard waterproof tile grout in white for the job. The
other day someone! (me) left a b&q receipt on top of the bath surround,
this got wet and the nice orange dye stained the grout!! I did manage to
clean it off but it took some doing. I can see that this type of
staining could happen again very easily, does anyone have any tips for
making the grout in this particular place a bit more resistant to
stains? The tiles are a matt finish so i dont want to wax them.

TIA

Gerry
Lobster

Cuprager wrote:
I have recently refurbished my bathroom, boxing in the bath and tiling
it. I used standard waterproof tile grout in white for the job. The
other day someone! (me) left a b&q receipt on top of the bath surround,
this got wet and the nice orange dye stained the grout!! I did manage to
clean it off but it took some doing. I can see that this type of
staining could happen again very easily, does anyone have any tips for
making the grout in this particular place a bit more resistant to
stains? The tiles are a matt finish so i dont want to wax them.

Shop at Wickes instead? - they have white receipts ;-)

TonyK

"Cuprager" wrote in message
I have recently refurbished my bathroom, boxing in the bath and tiling
it. I used standard waterproof tile grout in white for the job. The
other day someone! (me) left a b&q receipt on top of the bath surround,
this got wet and the nice orange dye stained the grout!! I did manage to
clean it off but it took some doing. I can see that this type of
staining could happen again very easily, does anyone have any tips for
making the grout in this particular place a bit more resistant to
stains? The tiles are a matt finish so i dont want to wax them.

TIA

Gerry

Get a grout sealant from a real tile shop. More commonly used on floor tiles
but you paint it on (carefully) with a small brush.

John Rumm

Lobster wrote:

Shop at Wickes instead? - they have white receipts ;-)

I Like that! LOL ;-)

I ordered some of this:

http://www.extensive.co.uk/product.php?xProd=11&xSec=9

Not tried it yet, so not commenting on the effectiveness of it, however
others on this ng have used lithofin products for stone and tile sealing
applications and report good results, so I am hopeful!

--
Cheers,

John.

Christian McArdle

does anyone have any tips for making the grout in this particular
place a bit more resistant to stains? The tiles are a matt finish
so i dont want to wax them.

Lithofin KF StainStop.

http://www.extensive.co.uk/product.php?xProd=49&xSec=9

If you have unglazed tiles, this would be good for the entire surface, as
well as the grout.

Christian.

Ian Middleton

"Cuprager" wrote in message
I have recently refurbished my bathroom, boxing in the bath and tiling it.
I used standard waterproof tile grout in white for the job. The other day
someone! (me) left a b&q receipt on top of the bath surround, this got wet
and the nice orange dye stained the grout!! I did manage to clean it off
but it took some doing. I can see that this type of staining could happen
again very easily, does anyone have any tips for making the grout in this
particular place a bit more resistant to stains? The tiles are a matt
finish so i dont want to wax them.

You also can get epoxy grout, recommended for power showers, as it is not
erroded by the water. Get it from a proper tile shop. Mix the two parts
together and apply, sets hard in about 30minutes. Also doesn't stain,
resists mould and any dirt on it just wipes off.

tile grout options pinya Home Repair 9 February 22nd 05 09:21 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM