Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda eu2000 lubricaton system questons

Greetings.

Can someone tell me the function of the plastic gear with the little fins or
tabs on it that is driven by the crankshaft on the eu2000 generator engine?
I suspect that it provides lubrication by splashing the oil upwards but the
part is refered to as a "governor gear."

Right not I have one with a broken gear and it suddenly started running
poorly. My first eu2000 (I'm on number 2) had a broken gear and the engine
started smoking and losing power and the oil turned black quickly
immediately after the gear broke. I have it in an authorized Honda repair
place right now and they are telling me there is nothing wrong with the
generator but I know the gear is broken--it can be seen through the oil
fill/drain hole. Since it's still under warranty, and if the gear is part
of the lubrication system then I figure Honda owes me a new engine.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Post at alt.energy.homepower a few viewers have EU2000