Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need advice - bathroom project

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the
following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room
except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with
spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as
that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like
strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom
area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the
following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room
except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with
spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as
that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like
strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom
area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

There is no safe application that I am aware of that will correct a mold
problem for any reasonable length of time. The proper solution is to get
the area dry and then keep it dry.

Why is the wall over the tub supporting mold? Is there a leak?

Do you have an exhaust fan?

Posted to alt.home.repair

What Fungicide. Get Bleach, it kills mold-fungus-a plant or whatever it
is. If the "environment" is the same , the mold will like it and come
back to visit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The mildew that is there is only the size of a pin head and there are
about 5 or 6 of them. Not much at all. I'm impressed considering that
the paint used seems to be waterbased. I think that the mold that is
there is because we didn't always bother to take precautions of keeping
the curtain open and using the exaust fan. I could easily spray with a
bleach and water mixture each week when cleaning.

Charles Schuler wrote:
oups.com...