DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need advice - bathroom project (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/185228-need-advice-bathroom-project.html)

[email protected] December 8th 06 09:52 PM

Need advice - bathroom project

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the
following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room
except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with
spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as
that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like
strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom
area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

Charles Schuler December 8th 06 10:57 PM

Need advice - bathroom project

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the
following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room
except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with
spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as
that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like
strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom
area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

There is no safe application that I am aware of that will correct a mold
problem for any reasonable length of time. The proper solution is to get
the area dry and then keep it dry.

Why is the wall over the tub supporting mold? Is there a leak?

Do you have an exhaust fan?

m Ransley December 8th 06 11:28 PM

Need advice - bathroom project

What Fungicide. Get Bleach, it kills mold-fungus-a plant or whatever it
is. If the "environment" is the same , the mold will like it and come
back to visit.

Evo December 9th 06 03:50 AM

wrote:

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the
following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room
except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with
spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as
that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like
strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom
area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

I do texture bathrooms, but not bathroom with showers and tubs in them.
Texture holds moisture. I also use a semi gloss paint in wet areas and a
bath fan!

RV

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

[email protected] December 11th 06 10:07 PM

Need advice - bathroom project

The mildew that is there is only the size of a pin head and there are
about 5 or 6 of them. Not much at all. I'm impressed considering that
the paint used seems to be waterbased. I think that the mold that is
there is because we didn't always bother to take precautions of keeping
the curtain open and using the exaust fan. I could easily spray with a
bleach and water mixture each week when cleaning.

Charles Schuler wrote:
oups.com...