Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dimmers w/halogen bulbs

Client wants to install some low-voltage halogens with a dimmer. Is this
OK? I know the dimmer will work, since the lamps are a resistive load,
but I'm not sure the halogens want to work on reduced voltage. Anyone
know for sure?

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)

Flourescent Bulbs in Dimmers Matt Home Ownership 7 May 28th 06 11:40 PM
Osram G9 Halogen Bulbs - Crap? [email protected] UK diy 2 May 17th 06 09:24 PM
Dimmers and halogen lights Pete UK diy 0 October 1st 05 06:56 PM
Halogen bulbs Brian UK diy 7 November 17th 04 02:43 PM
Mains Halogen Bulbs Stuart UK diy 21 December 26th 03 04:37 PM